1. Started his career a Design Engineer, at Broadcast Transmitters R&D group of Bharat Electronics Limited Bangalore, from 01 March 1985 to 18 June 1988. While there, won an award from the management for suggesting a new corporate motto.
2. Moved to College of Engineering Trivandrum, his alma mater, and joined as Lecturer in Electronics & Communication Engineering on 22 June 1988.
3. Went on deputation to Centre for Development of Imaging Technology, Thiruvananthapuram, and worked for one year as Deputy Director (Technology Adoption and Absorption Scheme-TAAS), from 27 June 1989 to 05 April 1990.
4. Worked in various Government Colleges as Assistant Professor (CET and GCE Kannur), Professor and Head of the department (GEC Wayanad, GEC Bartonhill).
5. Worked as Principal in GCE Kannur, LBS Institute of Technology for Women, Poojappura (on deputation) and College of Engineering Thiruvananthapuram. On 31 March 2018, retired from Government service. Holds more than 30 years of academic experience.
6. He has more than 26 publications in national/international journals and conference proceedings to his credit; including 5 textbooks.
7. Student Activities Chair of I.E.E.E. Kerala Section during 1998–2001. Branch Counselor of IEEE SB College of Engineering Thiruvananthapuram during 1995-2001. The founder Student Counselor of I.E.E.E. Student Branch, Government Engineering College Wayanad, and Government Engineering College Bartonhill since January 2005. Senior Member I.E.E.E. since September 2009. Educational Activities Chair (EAC) of I.E.E.E. Kerala Section 2009-’10. Life Member of the I.R.S.S. (International Rough Sets Society), Member of The Science Advisory Board (SAB), USA, since 2010. Life Senior Member of Computer Society of India since 2014.
8. Received funds to the tune of Rs.10,00, 000/- each for two projects under the MOBRBS scheme of the AICTE and successfully implemented.
9. Volunteered as a reviewer of several journals and conference proceedings of repute. Also acted as the Conference Publication Chair of several IEEE conferences.
10. Approved Research Guide, University of Kerala.
Areas of Research Focus:
– Optical Networks.
– Audio/Video Signal Compression.
– VLSI Design.
– Nano-electronics and Technology.
– Artificial Neural Networks.
– Fuzzy Systems.
– Soft Computing.
– Digital Signal Processing.
– Embedded Systems Design.
– Computer Networks.
– Simulation and Modeling in MATLAB and Mathematica.
– History of Communication and Computing Technology.
Dr. K.C. Raveendranathan Ph.D.
SM IEEE, FIE & C.Engg, FIETE, SM CSI, and LMISTE
- Ph.D. Computer Science & Engineering (University of Kerala).
- M.E. in Electrical Communication Engg. (IISc Bangalore)
- B.Sc.(Engg.) in E & C Engg. (College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram)
In addition to constantly updated curriculum-based training meeting international standards, with world-class infrastructure and efficient teaching, we focus on the all-round personality development of each student, which is our commitment to society at large. The proactive strategy maintained at all levels and in all dealings adds to its glory.
A team of earnest and competent faculty, periodically undergoing faculty development training programs, using the latest technology in teaching and learning, who constantly coach and groom the novices to professionals, which is the pride of this institute. The confidence and courage they instill in the students to sustain ethical values and attain professional excellence attract more and more students to this center of learning every year. All teachers here are icons in their fields of study and for that matter, they are true enablers of knowledge insemination. In our laboratories and workshops, each student is trained properly to attain the Graduate Attributes mandated by the AICTE, with appropriate skills and expertise to face challenges of the world and prove their mettle.
My warm greetings and best wishes!
Dr. K BALAN
- Retired Professor in Civil Engineering from College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram
- B.Sc(Engg.) -1982 Civil Engineering, Kerala University
- M.Sc(Engg.) -1985 Geotechnical Engineering,Kerala University
- Ph.D – 1996 Geotechnical Engineering, IIT Delhi
- Director of centre for Engineering Research and Development (CERD) of KTU(Kerala Technological University)
- Governing Body Member of National Coir Research and Management Institute, Trivandrum.
- Chairman, Indian Geotechnical Society’s Trivandrum Chapter.
- Ex. Managing Director, Keral State Coir Corporation Ltd. Alleppey.
- Research Publication: More than 100 papers in Journals and Conference.
- ISTE National Award Winner for Best Engineering College Teacher in Kerala 2013. – Life Time Achievement Award for the contribution of Development of Coir Geotextile in India from Central Board of Irrigation and Power, Indian Chapter of International Geo synthetics Society.
Phone No : 0470 2775520
Engineering is not just a formal education, but is an excellent generic intellectual qualification to develop students as scientist-engineers. We believe that engineering education opens opportunities for any endeavours one could think of, as it combines theory and practice judiciously. With the globalization of economy, there are immense opportunities for scientist-engineers.
Engineers must therefore pursue and enhance their engineering career, to realize the opportunities challenged by the globalized world. Our primary goal is to become one of the most prominent and excellent educational Institute in India. Our unique teaching and learning process with a proper blend of theory and practice aims to produce engineers with industry-readiness and global excellence. We also seek to instil in our students a passion for learning that will bring the knowledge and understanding required for a positive contribution to the community. I would be pleased to welcome you to RIET at any time. We would be delighted to be involved in the education of your child and to foster in her/him the value based education.